Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What the flurck Facebook Really?!?

I Saw this post on a friends status:

"FACEBOOK ALERT: As of today, NEW PRIVACY setting called "Instant Personalization" that shares data with non-Facebook websites and it is automatically set to "Enable." Go to Account>Privacy Settings>Applications and Websites>Instant Personalization>at bottom of page Edit Settings, and un-check "Enable". BTW if your friends don't do this, they will be sharing information about you. PLEASE COPY & REPOST."

What the fluck Facebook really?!? Don't you think I should be asked before you auto activate some sh*te on my account.

I have to have  multiple accounts I  run due to the nature of my work, I now have to go through each one and turn it off. I never enabled it, and was not aware it existed until I saw the post on someone else's FB status. I was never given a message, email, phone call, snail mail, carrier pigeon, bat signal, telegram, morse code, elaborate song and dance number from Facebook nor was I ever sent an update in the previously stated fashions, nor given the option or notice as previously stated to have it in the first place. it was just there.

I have now scanned through facebook, help center, privacy center etc, and there is no means at all to send a message or a phone call or email or even a poke to let them know my utter dislike of this new feature or rather that it was AUTO activated on my account and my work accounts.  I read their laws and it seems to be a clear violation

"-Under Safety "You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on Facebook without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws." and under Protecting Other People's Rights
-You will not post content or take any action on Facebook that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law."

If anyone knows of somne method to contact them WITHOUT having to like some clowns fan page i.e. Mark Zukerburg or the Facebook 'Fan Page' itself let me know.  I literally feel like I have NO voice in this system and am again an Automoton Thanks Mark Zuckerburg and Co. I am now inspired to STAY HERE note ALL YOUR Flaws and make something better if not encourage someone else to do so.

No comments: