Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Autotune for Guitar?!



Ok. I already wrote a blog about Autotune. If you want to read it click HERE. I am bringing up the infamous plug-in again because there is a new edition of it. This time it is for guitar. Now you’re probably thinking: WTF?! I thought the same thing when I learned about it today. I get newsletters from Antares, the company that developed Autotune, and this one introduced the ATG-6 which is the name of the Autotune for guitar. Now, there is something I want to say first.
             There are probably some really cool effects that this thing can generate. Autotune EVO, the version used for vocals, is capable of producing a lot of cool effects people are not aware of. I have done some experimenting with Autotune, and one thing I was able to do was re-create the robotic voice Daft Punk uses in a lot of their songs from Discovery and Human After All. You can also generate harmonies using just one voice. Autotune is capable of much more than pitch correction and I’m pretty sure the ATG-6 will be able to do the same. However, let’s not forget the original purpose of any model of Autotune: to correct pitch. What I wonder is: why would you need a pitch correction tool for electric guitar?!....Click to read more at Jamikeken and Friends

No comments: